Perryton Junior High Principal, Dimitri Garcia
My administrative team, junior high teachers, and our staff welcomes you and your child to a wonderful start of another school year. We at PJH are blessed to serve your child in providing them the best, quality education in a safe and clean environment. We welcome you to join us at our upcoming open house, which will take place on Tuesday, the 26th of September. We will start off with introduction at 5:40 from PJH’s administration. Teachers will then be available to meet you from 6:00 to 7:00 P.M.
There are also a few notices/reminders that have taken affect for this year at PJH. Note the following:
· The school day begins at 7:50
· The first six-week period ends the 29th of September
· Parents will be given a campus climate survey at the beginning and end-of-the school year to evaluate our campus
· Student use of cell phones are permitted before school and during lunch. If a student cell phone is confiscated the cell phone may be given back after a $15 fine is paid, or 15 school days have passed, or the student has done community service to earn their phone back.
· Student dress code now accepts torn jeans, if the jeans with holes or tears do not show visible skin above the knee line. Tears above the jean line are permissible with patches or if a student wears leggings underneath.
· Student dress code now allows for leggings to be worn, as long as the leggings are not see through. For instance, no undergarments may be visible through the leggings.
· Student appearance now accepts two tone hair color as long as the hair colors are of natural color. Unnatural colors such as pink and green are not acceptable.
Decisions regarding cell phone use, dress code, and student appearance were decided upon by a committee of teachers, students, and parents. The committee meet the 5th of September to discuss and vote on the above mentioned items.
Please know that we at PJH are committed to one thing, serving our children. We genuinely want our students to come to be excited to come to school to learn and grow. It is our hope that you can help us in guiding our students to better emotional and academic success.
See you Tuesday,
Dimitri D. Garcia
Perryton Junior High Principal
Work (806) 435-3601
Cell (979) 676-1470